When it comes to building your own website or hiring a designer to do it for you, there’s no single correct answer. There are situations where either choice could be the right one.
For example, you might do your own design if:
- You are just starting a new business and have no idea if you will make money. You could start out with a free or low cost web builder platform and test out your business idea before spending thousands on a fancier design.
- You already have some basic skills in website design and the capacity to learn new ones as you go.
- You only need a simple site right now, that can be built and maintained relatively easily.
On the other hand, there are situations where you should probably hire a designer, such as:
- You run an established busy enterprise and don’t have the time to devote to building the type of website you want.
- You need a complex site that requires considerable skills to put together. For example – a subscription site, or a commerce site with numerous product pages.
- You’re not willing or don’t have the time to devote to ongoing website maintenance (e.g. dealing with code errors or corrupt databases).
no point in an expensive design if you don’t know what your target audiences want. And, just because a website looks great, doesn’t mean it will automatically attract loads of customers.
The important thing is to tackle the job at the level that suits your particular situation and your budget. And make sure to give your website building some thought before deciding between hiring a professional and doing it yourself!
To find out more and to receive your marketing assessment, speak with the team at Sanctuary Labs.