While many people enjoy reading articles and blogs to gather information, there are those that prefer to watch videos instead. And of course many people like to do either, or both, depending on the occasion!
So if you are only generating written content for your business marketing, it might be time to consider creating some videos to communicate your messages as well.
Here are some of the top reasons to create marketing videos:
- Popularity – research by Hubspot indicates about two-thirds of people engage with a brand after watching a video, and that online video watching has nearly doubled since 2018.
- SEO opportunities – you can optimise your videos for search through use of keywords, quality content and engaging titles. More visits and clicks can also lead to better ranking with search engines.
- Grow leads and ROI – according to Hubspot, 87% of video marketers report video improves their Return On Investment, while 86% say video is great for generating leads.
- Help users – 94% of respondents to Hubspot’s survey claim video helps users better understand their brand’s products and services.
- Reach more people – video can be watched on a variety of different platforms, offering the potential for wider reach.
- Increased engagement – since videos engage with several human senses at once they can keep people’s attention for longer.
- Versatility – videos can be made to be entertaining, humorous, serious, business-like, or fun and quirky, depending on the audience you want to reach.
- Shareability – videos can be easily shared with others, and can be particularly useful for email marketing.
How to create effective marketing videos
Your videos should be:
- Short and sharp – preferably no more than a few minutes in length. It’s also crucial your video can grab viewers’ attention within the first few seconds.
- Appealing to audience needs – your videos should revolve around the needs of viewers rather than being all about your brand.
- Optimised for SEO – you can increase SEO through keywords, descriptions, titles, tags and more. Check out Hubspot’s video SEO guide for more detail.
- Entertaining – make your videos fun and humorous (if appropriate).
- Helpful and informative – you can use videos to provide useful information or show your audience how to use your products.
In making your videos, it’s important not to let perfect be the enemy of good! While video quality is important, the most important thing is that your videos are engaging enough to grab people’s attention and make them want to watch until the end.
Speak with the team at Sanctuary Labs to find out more about our video production services.