Social media marketing involves sharing and creating content and advertising on social platforms to reach target audiences.
Through social media platforms such as Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn, you can:
- Improve your business’s online visibility and presence.
- Build business networks and communities.
- Interact directly with existing and potential customers.
- Share or create content that will be useful to your audiences – such as articles, videos and how-to guides.
- Make use of paid advertising options to widen your reach.
- Showcase the ‘human face’ and personality of your business.
- Check out what the competition is up to on their social pages.
How to use social media marketing in your business
To get the maximum benefit from social media marketing, it’s important to:
- Map out a plan – this involves knowing your target audiences well, determining your purpose and setting clear goals for campaigns.
- Share great content – the content you share should add real value for your customers and not be solely focused on marketing spin.
- Use analytical tools – these can help you see which campaigns are getting the best results.
- Use advertising – social platforms offer budget-friendly advertising options that enable you to expand your audience reach.
Social media offers great marketing opportunities. If you don’t know where to start, consider hiring a marketing agency to help you create effective and professional social media campaigns.